• Moderators

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 03:05 PM

Gobking

(Recommended level: 6)

Normal Stance Abilities:
Smash - Single target physical attack.

Confusion - Inflicts confusion debuff on a single target for 1 turn.

Smash All - Multi-target physical attack, inflicts bleed debuff for two turns.

Rage Stance Abilities:

Smash All - Multi-target physical attack, inflicts bleed debuff for two turns

Confuse All - Inflicts confusion debuff on all targets for 1 turn

Perks:

Counter - Single target physical attack that inflicts bleed for three turns. Also boosts the damage of Counter. Used after being hit by a melee attack.

Ragebuilder - Builds rage each time he is hit by a ranged attack

The easiest way to defeat the Gobking is to never attack him with melee attacks. There are multiple ways to defeat this boss but this is the tactic I prefer to use.

Start the battle with Amon in his Blaster Stance, Ive in her Slinger Stance, Olia in her Counter Stance and Gnart in his Mage Stance.

Each time the Gobking is hit by a ranged attack he will get a “Rage Up” status effect. If he is hit by 5 ranged attacks he will change into his Rage Stance. While he is in this stance he won’t counter melee attacks, but his attacks now targets everyone. He will switch back to his Normal Stance after a few turns.

Use Amon and Ive’s ranged attacks to damage him.

Use Gnart’s regen to keep the party's health up.

Keep Olia in her Counter Stance but don’t bother using taunt, the boss is immune. Instead use Healing Balms to assist Gnart in healing the party.

Tip #1: Save Gnart’s special (Regen All) for after the Gobking uses Smash All.

Tip #2: If you activate Olia's Super Stance and use Items or Wait instead if "Taunt All" she will counter every melee attack she is hit by and will always do a critical hit while she is in her Super Stance.

Good luck!

#2 kraylus

kraylus

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:30 PM

What bond pairings do you recommend? I chose Gnort to pair with Ive for the +10% bonus to healing effects, but I got my arse handed to me. Which... should not have happened as I spent some time grinding levels and I'm pretty OP, all things considered.

This dude just hits so damn hard.

You said that ranged attacks send him into rage stance where he does that devastating multi attack. Why then would I just not want to use entirely melee attacks?

I'm trying really hard to like this game but it just seems so unbalanced and the talent system isn't quite as customizable as they would have us believe. It feels like if I dont build to the characters class, I'll be shooting myself in the foot. But maybe it's me. Maybe I'm missing something. If only the Help docs were a bit more verbose.

I'll try your strat later this evening and let y'all know how it goes.

#3 DPack

DPack

Barnacle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:40 PM

What bond pairings do you recommend? I chose Gnort to pair with Ive for the +10% bonus to healing effects, but I got my arse handed to me. Which... should not have happened as I spent some time grinding levels and I'm pretty OP, all things considered.

This dude just hits so damn hard.

You said that ranged attacks send him into rage stance where he does that devastating multi attack. Why then would I just not want to use entirely melee attacks?

I'm trying really hard to like this game but it just seems so unbalanced and the talent system isn't quite as customizable as they would have us believe. It feels like if I dont build to the characters class, I'll be shooting myself in the foot. But maybe it's me. Maybe I'm missing something. If only the Help docs were a bit more verbose.

I'll try your strat later this evening and let y'all know how it goes.

If you hit him with melee, you might as well be hitting yourself, as he'll get counterattacks on top of the damage he's doing on his own turn. If you hit him with ranged, you'll take much less damage in the long run. Especially if you save Regen S / First Aid Drop for when he's in Rage stance. My advice is to not pair up Gnart and Ive. You don't want both of your party heals drawing from same Special meter.

Kick him in the nuts, Olia!

#4 Gannondorf

Gannondorf

Spud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:10 PM

It said Gobking was immune to Taunt, but Olie counterattacked anyway. That was actually how I beat him. Without it he'd be near impossible to beat.

#5 SandyBottom

SandyBottom

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:46 PM

The GOBKING is immune to Slow and Blind (sand throw) also. I used:
Amon- Shooter, Mark target, adren. rush
Olia- Blood Shout & healing
Gnart- Healer & haste
Ive- Shooter
I beat him with 3 at lvl 6 the other at lvl 5.

#6 DPack

DPack

Barnacle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:20 PM

It said Gobking was immune to Taunt, but Olie counterattacked anyway. That was actually how I beat him. Without it he'd be near impossible to beat.

Taunt has nothing to do with counterattack, Olia will counterattack every time she is hit with a melee attack. When a monster is Taunted, they are only able to target Olia. But keep in mind that Taunted monsters can still opt to use attacks that hit the whole party.

Kick him in the nuts, Olia!

#7 Gannondorf

Gannondorf

Spud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:29 PM

Taunt has nothing to do with counterattack, Olia will counterattack every time she is hit with a melee attack. When a monster is Taunted, they are only able to target Olia. But keep in mind that Taunted monsters can still opt to use attacks that hit the whole party.

When I played it said he was immune to taunt. Taunt doesn't work on anyone worth using it on.

#8 SandyBottom

SandyBottom

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:58 AM

The pinned post already says he's immune to Taunt. You were talking about her counter attack. They are 2 different things. Yes, HE is immune to Taunt. Yes, SHE will counter attack, if you have her setup to.

#9 Gannondorf

Gannondorf

Spud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:43 AM

The pinned post already says he's immune to Taunt. You were talking about her counter attack. They are 2 different things. Yes, HE is immune to Taunt. Yes, SHE will counter attack, if you have her setup to.

My point is. Throughout the game, it has been stategized that Ollie should taunt bosses, yet it doesn't work on any of them. It's actually a pinned thread saying to taunt Varluk when you can't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users