3 replies to this topic

#1 Somedude

Somedude

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:27 AM

Hi there, I started playing this game a few months ago, for a single session. Tried to load it up again today, but the initial start menu is nonresponsive. I start the game, it prompts me to select a user (even though I'm already logged in), then the Continue/Start Game/Load/Options screen appears . . . however none of the buttons on my controller do anything. Face buttons, d-pad, analog sticks, bumpers/triggers, none of them cause the menu item selection arrow to move, or the game to start. The Xbox button still works, letting me exit to the Xbox Home Screen (from where I can force-quit the game), but that's it. Music plays, little motes of light drift through the air around the logo, so the game itself it still running, just not responding to input.

Tried the following:
- go to Xbox One home screen, reenter game
- force quit, restart game
- sign out, sign back in
- sign in and launch under my son's account
- reboot console
- wait for a half hour, let the screen go dark, tap a button: screen goes back to normal brightness, but game still nonresponsive

None of these had any effect. Running v1.6r rv12122.

Any thoughts?

#2 Anoy

Anoy

Junior Game Designer

• Moderators

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:57 AM

Hi Somedude,

Some users have reported problems with playing the game while having multiple controllers connected.
If you have more than one controller for your Xbox One, could you please test if any of the other controllers let you use the menu?

Having devices connected to the USB ports might also cause the controller to stop working.
Do you have any devices connected via USB? (Guitar Hero Guitar etc.)

Let me know if either of these work :)

Kind regard,
Øystein

#3 Somedude

Somedude

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:23 AM

YES, that worked! I had a pair of USB dongles for Guitar Hero guitars plugged into the USB ports, removing them caused the game menu to start responding to the controller again.

Problem solved, thank you very much!

#4 Anoy

Anoy

Junior Game Designer

• Moderators

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:58 AM

That's great news! I hope you enjoy the game :)

If you have any other questions or issues, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Kind regards,
Øystein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users