#22 Magnus

Magnus

Story Wizard

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

Welcome everyone!

I'm the writer on Earthlock, and though I might be a bit more absent from the forum than Frits, Fredrik, Bendik and the other devs, I'll try to chime in as often as possible.

Expect a bit of lore teasers in a bit.

#23 theCheazel

theCheazel

Seed

• Backers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

I loved playing the demo and reading up about this game. I can't wait to play the full game. It's going to be great!

#24 Roy

Roy

Seed

• Backers
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

Hi everyone. Not much going on here yet, right?

#25 Multi

Multi

Villager

• Backers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

Not yet, but you can change that by coming back! Post a few times in the threads, it can't hurt!

"The tide is turning brothers! Let us take our kingdom back!"

Add me on Steam/XBL: Multijirachi --- Games I like: 

- Battlefield 4, Destiny, Half Life 2: Deathmatch, and of course Earthlock: Festival of Magic :)

#26 Darth Praxis

Darth Praxis

Spud

• Backers
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

Firstly I want to thank you Snowcastle for all of your efforts and for giving us, the gaming community, the unique opportunity to be involved in the development and production of such an ambitious project, even if our role is rather limited! :)

I am curious about a few details that you might be able to clarify, specifically regarding this forum. Are you planning to create different discussion areas for the various platforms? I understand that your main goal is to complete the game core (programming, art assets, design and sound) but as that portion of the development is wrapping up can we expect to begin seeing and hearing about where production stands with regards to console versions of this title? As a rule, most developers, be they AAA studios or independent, generally choose to only show one platform to promote their titles during production, and I understand this is probably from a cost-effective standpoint. Might I recommend at least allowing us, the backers/members the opportunity to see the progress of these other versions before launch? It would definitely be a refreshing change!

Also as I have pursued the rules and seen nothing specifically limiting it, (though I may simply have overlooked it) I wonder if there are any embargo's or restrictions to be placed on members disseminating any artwork, photos or video that you share with the backer/member community? I do not want to put anyone in an awkward position if certain information or content is deemed secret and want to keep the trust of the development team paramount at all times!

Once again thank you all for the excellent work you are doing!

#27 Biggs

Biggs

Burger Programmer

• Dev Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

@Darth Praxis: 

We have not really planned anything specific for the Forum about the different platforms, but we can always do something like that. We could for example create a forum section dedicated to the different platforms where we post updates on each platform and what we are doing, maybe what specific changes we have to do on each platform, or results of testing or stuff like that if that is something the community would be interested in?. At the moment we have not done much with the consoles, only barely tested the game on the XBO and the WIIU, but we can come back with some updates when we start the console development.

Regarding restriction on information we do not have any specific rules at the moment, just try to not show the stuff from the Backer Exclusive part of the forum to others, because it would then not be that exclusive anymore. =) 

Thank you for the suggestions and welcome to the Forum. =) 

• Darth Praxis likes this

#28 Darth Praxis

Darth Praxis

Spud

• Backers
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

@Darth Praxis: 
We have not really planned anything specific for the Forum about the different platforms, but we can always do something like that. We could for example create a forum section dedicated to the different platforms where we post updates on each platform and what we are doing, maybe what specific changes we have to do on each platform, or results of testing or stuff like that if that is something the community would be interested in?. At the moment we have not done much with the consoles, only barely tested the game on the XBO and the WIIU, but we can come back with some updates when we start the console development.
Regarding restriction on information we do not have any specific rules at the moment, just try to not show the stuff from the Backer Exclusive part of the forum to others, because it would then not be that exclusive anymore. =) 
Thank you for the suggestions and welcome to the Forum. =)

Excellent!

And I in no way expect you to feel obligated or pressured to create different sections until you had actually completed the game proper and began working in ernest on the console versions! Thank you for your consideration! :)

#29 Anoy

Anoy

Junior Game Designer

• Moderators

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:08 PM

Hello!

I'm one of the new interns working on Earthlock :)

Pleasure to meet you all!

#30 SandyBottom

SandyBottom

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:53 PM

Just wanted to say THANK YOU!! This game is awesome. I don't normally play this type, but saw it was free on Xbox. Wasn't even sure I was gonna like it. NOPE, had me fooled. Love the customization of the characters and that I can play in whichever style I feel like (shooters, magic, theif, grunt). It feels like a cross between Gauntlet and Final Fantasy, just an upgraded version. Keep up the good work, and if there is a DLC, it'll be on my list.

#31 kenedy

kenedy

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:35 PM

Hello from the USA

Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users