1 reply to this topic

#1 dissapointed

dissapointed

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:16 PM

After playing for 30+ hours and having reached the ridiculously overpowered final boss I have to say I am very disappointed. The developers have absolutely no sense of balance.

Let me describe the final battle: First off, your characters will do negligible damage and the boss does massive damage, most of his attacks hitting multiple characters at once. I was able to do some noticeable damage with Olia with a 230 attack but good luck landing a hit and being able to even actually perform a melee attack when you are not too busy chugging down an elixir. After a while the end boss will put up a reflect field that lasts about 10 turns and he also is able to attack you while it is up. Shortly after that he will summon 3 or 4 clones of your characters who always get first hit and do heavy damage to boot. The boss will then absorb the clones, gaining magic power buffs and health in the process, and then after the final clone is absorbed he hits the entire party with an attack that does 6,000 damage. Repeat this entire process again and that is how the final battle plays out. After your inevitable death you are then sent all the way back to the garden on plumpet island so that you can once more fight multiple hordes of dark clones on your way to the final boss. No thanks.

Before you insult me with your noob barbs let me first say that I ran a well balanced team that slaughtered anything in it's way at level 20, including the hordes of dark clones. If there is ONE PERFECT TEAM that can defeat the final boss then that should have been made very clear before triggering the final battle. Amon & Ive with Taika & Olia seemed to be the best line up for me throughout most of the game. They all had auto res talents as well.

#2 JasonSandwich

JasonSandwich

Seed

• Backers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:50 AM

I just made it through on my first shot with Olia, Amon, Gnart, and Taika.  I didn't find the final battle nearly as rough at the hollow knight.

I used Taika's Curse and lots of Heal from Gnart as well as the Elixir+.  I saved Olia's physical attacks for the clones and kept Amon's blaster focused on the heavy.  I thought it was a good final battle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users