Photo

Combat : Party ends up with no turns ????

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sai

Sai

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:27 PM

Hello,

I have progressed past the desert and got to the point were you fight a boss for the second time (along with two strong minions). However, during this fight and also in this area, I find

that the battle goes along smoothly ...... but then suddenly I find my party has no turns ????

I look at the column on the right of the screen that tells you who's has the next turn and

my entire party is missing. So I just sit there watching the enemy chip away at my party till

they all die. What is happening ????

If it is a spell or attack that the enemy is doing could you tell me what it is and how to

defend against it.

many thanks

#2 zjb1997

zjb1997

Spud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:07 PM

Hi could you name the area where this is? Some enemies can put a spell on you called zombified which makes the character unable to perform any moves. If it's zombified I'm unsure how to cure/ stop it as cure doesn't effect it and I'm unsure if their is any potions to fix it.

#3 Sai

Sai

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:30 PM

I think the warp location is Scrollroad, it is the area where you fight Aderyn for the 2nd time

#4 brandonwiker

brandonwiker

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:36 PM

Probably slows and/or sleeps. In my experience, slows can lead to the enemy party getting 2 or even more turns before you finally get one. I'm pretty sure Aderyn puts characters to sleep, and sleeping characters NEVER have a turn in combat until they are hit by (what appears to be in my experience) a physical attack. You can even if you have one of your own party members hit the sleeping target to wake them up.

Try to take note in the game if you can: I think magical/elemental attacks do not wake up sleeping characters. I swear I've had sleeping characters get fire breathed on them and they stay asleep.

#5 Firequill

Firequill

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:45 PM

Yeah, that has happened to me several times in several areas. You can be zombified or stunned or put to sleep and have no physical attacks against you until you die.  I'd call that a game deficiency, not sure it's a bug just part of the hate the game brings to the player.  Every status effect should wear off in a game where you can't switch out party members mid battle.  A big issue I get is that as I get down to the last enemy or two in a large fight they amp up in power. My crew was able to take on 7 no problem but now that it's one Little Marvel he can just cast monsoon 4 times in a row, nifty.. Not to mention how often he can suddenly make moves with no slows or hastes on the board. Or several of my characters with high accuracy will start missing in a row right at the end of the battle, there are hidden stats and game mechanics at play..

#6 Jsblpost

Jsblpost

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:09 PM

I had this happen to me last night. It is definitely a bug. It happened while I was in the middle of my turn with Hogbunny casting Regen S. Screen flickered and with all of my party at half or more health and the monster down to essentially one hit he attacked me probably 20 or more times in a row killing my party. I'd actually fought and killed the main boss as well as that boss mushroom and hadn't saved yet. I even got some really terrible video of it with my phone.

#7 Anoy

Anoy

Junior Game Designer

• Moderators

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:44 AM

Hi

It sounds like you've been Zombiefied.

The Zombies in Scrollroad can give you an Infected debuff. After 3 turns you will be Zombiefied, losing all turns and taking damage each round.

Infected can be cured by hitting the infected party member with a fire attack.

We have adressed this issue and Zombiefied is changed in the next patch. It won't make you lose control over your character anymore. :)

• Spatule likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users