Photo

Franir's Lair?! *Contains Spoilers* .....possibly?!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Stealth tC

Stealth tC

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:32 AM

If anyone figures out how to beat Franir at the end of Franir's Lair, PLEASE post your strategy! Haha I've tried several times, and several ways, NOTHING! He either puts me to sleep, tail whips, or burns me to death! I have Amon, Gnart and Ive at lvl 12 and Taika at lvl 10. Amon and Ive are boosted with might for damage, and Gnart and Taika boosted for magic! HELP! 😡😩

#2 Stealth tC

Stealth tC

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:49 AM

So I just found out there's a Reddit page, and after reading a little I found I'm WAY under lvl! Haha So back to grinding! A strategy guide would still be nice! 👍

#3 DPack

DPack

Barnacle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:52 AM

Sleeping character wake up when they are hit, and you can hit your own teammates (I'd recommend using Gnart's club, and Taika's bite for this, as they do the least amount of damage). I highly suggest keeping Gnart and Ive in separate bonds, so that you can use both of their Special heals independently of one another. Gnart & Amon's bond grants them immunity to bleed, which is a HUGE advantage against Franir. As for the walk back to the boss, which I admit is a bit irritating, go back outside after you've opened the chest in the hole in the wall just past the yellow gate. It's possible to walk around the enemies and skip them entirely.

I beat Franir with my party between lvls 13-15. I charged up my Special meters beforehand, and potion-ed my health to full at the elevator. My bonds & stances were: Amon (Blaster) & Gnart (Mage), and Taika (Predator) & Ive (Scout). My offense consisted almost entirely of Amon using Electro Blast ++, with Taika occasionally using Water Bomb (it's pretty damaging against a single target). I strongly recommend getting these 2 bonds to 5-star.

Gnart's entire job was clubbing people who fell asleep, and casting Regen. On the rare occasion that everyone is awake and at full health, cast haste on Amon. When the party's overall health starts getting low, use Super Mage and spend every turn casting Regen S.

Taika should be biting people who fall asleep, and using the strongest healing potion you have on whoever needs it the most. On the rare occasion that everyone is awake and at full health, cast Water Bomb on Franir.

I used Ive as little more than a potion dispenser, helping out when Gnart couldn't keep up. Use her First Aid, and First Aid Drop as a back-up heal.

Amon is going to be your main offense, use your strongest ammo type against him (anything except fire is fine, I only used Electro because it was the only ++ ammo I had) and toss out potions when needed. Keep your party's HP in mind. It's better to do no damage in a turn, than it is hurt him at the cost of having to rez someone

90% of this fight was managing my party's HP and keeping them awake. Watch the turn order carefully, and assess the risk of whatever action you want to take. I'm sure that this strategy isn't the best one by far, but it's the one that got me through the fight.

• Jon likes this

Kick him in the nuts, Olia!

#4 avaricious

avaricious

Spud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:57 PM

i just tried it at lvl 17 and got super close. my party was ive, amon, taiki and gnart. gnart as support with attack boost, amons electricity special did most the damage. i would have had it if my party hadnt fallen a sleep. i get gnart up to 17 like the rest of the party i think ill have it.

#5 zjb1997

zjb1997

Spud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:47 PM

A way to save gnart clubbing your party when they fall asleep is having sleeping antidotes ready (found in sulvia of around that area I believe) saves your party being damaged by him. I tend to have ive and talkia as my main 2 hitters bonded using high attack and magic stats, also use electro arrow + (if available) or electric type moves as with that bond it increases the damage by 50% I believe

#6 Gannondorf

Gannondorf

Spud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:54 PM

I beat him at lvl 14. 

Have Gnart club anyone who falls asleep. Use water blast + and electric lance and go to work. Have the whole party focus on support except one if need be.

#7 9r2a5m70

9r2a5m70

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:31 AM

I think I may have skipped Franir's Lair or am bugged. I know it's in the desert somewhere, I don't have the Fire element for the final dungeon. Is there an easy explanation of where Franir's Lair is located?

#8 DPack

DPack

Barnacle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:12 AM

Northeast part of the desert area. From Scrollroad, follow the wall to the north. Big pyramid-y temple lookin' place, can't miss it.

• Jon likes this

Kick him in the nuts, Olia!

#9 9r2a5m70

9r2a5m70

Seed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:50 AM

Ah there it is. I guess I ran out of the desert after the first part with having to run from shadow to shadow! Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users